Level 1 (12 BB)
- Fire making with an emphasis on conservation, bush fire laws and fire safety.
- Extinguish and clean up a fire
- Knots at the end of a Rope: – Thumb, Overhand and Figure Eight
- Joining Ropes: – Reef Knot and Thief Knots. Sheet Bend.
- Loops in a Rope: – Bowline, Figure Eight and Slip Knots
- Tying a Rope to an Object: – Clove Hitch
Level 2 (13 BB)
- Water in emergencies
- Purifying water
- Survival skills
- Joining Ropes: – Fishermans knot
- Loops in a Rope: – Man-harness and Chair
- Tying a Rope to an Object: Rolling, Slippery and Timber Hitch and Round turn and two half hitches.
Level 3 (14 BB)
- Weather: include: interpretation of a weather map major cloud forms and associated weather sources of weather information, both climatological and forecasts and warnings implications of climate statistics
- Knots: Lashing; Square, Diagonal and Shear.
- Construction of a bush stretcher.
Level 4 (15 BB)
- Teach Level 1 & 2 rope skills to beginners
Level 5 (16 BB)
- Techniques for camping in rugged country.
- Emergency bivouac camping.
- Teach Level 3 rope skills to other Boys