Knot tying is a useful skill for outdoor enthusiasts. They can assist with many jobs, like first aid, outdoor work activities, recreational sports and many survival situations.
- Level 1
- Knots at the end of a rope: Thumb or Overhand, Figure Eight.
- Joining ropes: Reef knot, Thief knots, Sheet bend.
- Loops in a rope: Bowline, Slip knots.
- Tying a rope to an object: Clove hitch.
- Level 2
- Joining ropes: Fisherman knots.
- Looping in rope: Man-harness, chair.
- Tying rope to an object: Rolling, slippery, timber hitch, round turn, two half hitches.
Thumb or Overhand Knot
Figure Eight Knot
Reef or Square Knot
Man Harness Knot