3rd Morley has had a very busy six months, engaging in community events, camps and fundraising activities, in addition to our regular Parade night activities.
The year began with a camp at Ern Halliday. Held over the first weekend in February, this camp is an ice breaker for our families, and helps to build a feeling of togetherness within our Company.
Other events which have involved 3rd Morley are:
- Opening Church Parade
- Official blessing of the Company by the church ministry and congregation
- Church Fete car wash.
- School holidays – Three Boys involved in service work at Wheelchairs for Kids in Wangara.
- ANZAC Day parade – City of Bayswater,
- Mother’s Day,
- Boer War Commemoration Service
- Bring a Friend Night,
- Bunnings Sausage Sizzle fundraiser,
- Mid-Year Awards
- Mid-year camp – Stronghills Outdoor Education Centre.
Of all these events, our most important activities are those which put the Company in the local community. We are proud of our involvement in community events, and this is shown in the number of Boys who take part in them.
The remainder of the year looks just as busy, with other community-based activities taking place, and preparations beginning for the upcoming National Camp in 2020.
Captain Andrew Twine